Privacy Statement for California Residents
At Grifols ("Grifols," "we," "us," or "our"), we value your privacy and want you to know how we handle and use your personal information. This Privacy Statement applies to information we obtain from and about California residents who are our donors, who visit our websites, or use our products and services. Our Privacy Statement for those California residents may be found at www.grifols.com and www.grifolsplasma.com. This Privacy Statement, however, does not apply to California residents who are Grifols job applicants, Grifols' employees, Grifols medical staff, or contractors who work with Grifols.
Information We Collect
We collect the following categories of personal information from California residents who participate in our donor program, who visit our website, or who use our products and services:
|Identifiers.||Your real name, postal address, online identifier, Internet email address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, or other similar identifiers.|
|Categories of Personal Information Listed in the California Customer Records Statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||Your name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number or other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.|
|Protected Classification Characteristics Under California or Federal Law.||Your age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, genetic information (including familial genetic information).|
|Biometric Information.||Your genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, including blood type, blood, plasma or serum samples, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints (e.g., photographs), or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.|
|Professional or Employment-Related Information.||Your current or past job history.|
|Inferences Drawn from Other Personal Information.||Your profile reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.|
We also collect your personal information from government records, registries, and similar sources to verify your identify and eligibility to participate in our donor program.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We will use your personal information for the following business purposes:
- To operate our donor program, we need to verify your identity through our collection and use of certain identifiers, as well as your biometric information. We also collect all the above categories of personal information to verify your eligibility to participate in our donor program and to complete the automated plasmapheresis process.
- For legal, safety, or security reasons, we are required by law to collect the above categories of personal information to comply with applicable governmental or health regulations, or other legal requirements to protect the rights, property, and safety of our employees, our donors, and others and to otherwise meet our legal obligations.
- To communicate with you, we need your contact information to provide you with information regarding our products or services, and send you notices that may be of interest to you, such as marketing information, donor reminders, and other donor incentive information. To do this, we collect your identifiers and other personal information listed in the California Consumer Records Statute.
- We may also use and share any information we collect from you in a de-identified or aggregate format for testing, medical research, analysis, and product development.
- We will also provide your identifiers and other categories of your personal information listed in the California Customer Records Statute, to the extent necessary, to carry out our business obligations to you, such as processing our payments to you.
Sharing Your Personal Information with Others
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of other parties for the business purposes disclosed above:
- Our parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies.
- Our service providers, who are working on our behalf, such as advertising agencies or other third parties that assist us with marketing efforts, IT, and call center providers.
- Governmental or health authorities, including law enforcement and other parties to the extent needed to meet our legal obligations or to assert or defend any claims by or against the company, its employees, or agents.
- Academic institutions or other companies engaged in biologics or pharmaceutical research.
Grifols currently does not sell any personal information it has collected from California residents.
How to Exercise Your California Privacy Rights
As a California resident, you have the right to know the categories or specific pieces of information that Grifols' collects, uses, discloses, and sells about you, the purpose for which it was collected, the categories of any third parties to whom Grifols has sold your information in the preceding 12 months and the sources from which this information has been collected. California law also provides that you have a right to request that Grifols delete the information we have collected from you.
You (or your authorized representative) may submit a Request to Know or a Request to Delete by calling 1-855-697-5276 or by emailing US-PrivacyRights@grifols.com. You may also submit your request in person by visiting one of our California donor centers. Should you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement, please contact us via email or the toll-free number above.
Upon receiving your Request to Know or Request to Delete, we will verify your identity before deleting any personal information, or disclosing any information concerning the categories or specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you. To verify your request, we will ask you for some personal information that we can match with personal information that we already have about you. In some cases, we may ask you to submit a signed declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the California resident whose personal information is the subject of the request. If you designate a representative to submit a request on your behalf, we will need to verify both the identity of the representative, and that you have given him or her written permission to make a request for you.
We will respond to Requests to Know and Requests to Delete within 45 days. If we anticipate that it will take longer to respond to your Request to Know or Request to Delete, we inform you in writing why additional time is needed.
Grifols' will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your privacy rights under California law.
We may update this Privacy Statement for California Residents from time to time by updating this web page and by displaying the date of the last update at the top of the page. We encourage you to periodically check this website to learn about the information we collect, use, and share. Your continued participation in Grifols' donor program, or continued use of Grifols' websites, affirms your agreement to such changes.
Date Last Updated: January 1, 2020.