June 27, 2019
Grifols discloses transfers of value made to European healthcare professionals and health-sector organizations in 2018
The company has released voluntary disclosures since 2015 in accordance with the EFPIA Disclosure code
- In line with its commitment to transparency, Grifols has disclosed, for the fourth consecutive year, all payments and other transfers of value related to medicines and medical technology made to healthcare professionals and health-sector organizations in the several European countries included within the EFPIA’s scope, including Spain.
- In 2018, Grifols’ transfers of value in Europe increased by 5% to Euro 12.3 million, compared to Euro 11.7 in 2017, because of R+D related transfer of value, which amounted to Euro 8.8 million and accounted for approximately 72% of total transfers in this period
- Grifols’ transfers of value in Spain totaled Euro 6.9 million in 2018 (+17%), driven by a rise of 17% in volume of R+D related transfers of value, which accounted for Euro 5.9 million.
- Transfers of value made in Spain associated with R+D initiatives represent 66% of the group’s total transfers in Europe.
- In 2018, Grifols made transfers of value to 273 healthcare professionals in Spain that amounted to Euro 399,762 (Euro 510,444 in 2017) and 77 health organizations, which totaled Euro 625,805 (Euro 396,145 in 2017).
- The Disclosure Code on Industry Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and Healthcare Organizations of the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA) applies specifically to medicines. Nonetheless Grifols expands its scope to include transfers unrelated to medications, as well as to the company’s three main divisions: Bioscience, Diagnostic and Hospital
- In addition to Europe, Grifols applies this policy of transparency in the United States as required by the regulatory body (CMS).
- All related information is public and available on the Grifols' corporate website: www.grifols.com
Information Published in Accordance With the EFPIA Code of Conduct
Grifols has voluntarily committed to publishing, on its website and on any specific platform required by each country, information on transfers of value to health professionals and health sector organizations corresponding to each reporting period. The company will keep this information publicly available for three years and conserve it for six years.
Depending on the type of activity, the published information includes: donations and subsidies; corporate contributions for events, such as membership fees for healthcare professionals and sponsorship agreements with healthcare organizations, as well as payments to third parties designated to manage the event on their behalf; fees paid for consulting services and projects; travel and accommodation expenses incurred in relation to any of the aforementioned activities; and payments and other transfers of value related to R&D activities.
Specifically, the code of conduct is applied in the following European countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Norway, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine and the United Kingdom.