As an experienced and trusted partner to blood banks and hospital transfusion centers, Grifols Diagnostic Division shares the commitment to increase transfusion safety. We offer a comprehensive transfusion medicine portfolio that includes solutions designed to improve disease detection, while helping to manage and simplify laboratory operations. The division also offers a growing portfolio of specialized clinical diagnostics focused on select therapeutic areas, including the detection and treatment monitoring for infectious, autoimmune, and neurodegenerative diseases. We provide hospitals, pharmacies and healthcare professionals with clinical analysis and laboratory testing tools to deliver expert medical care.
Main areas of specialization
- Detection of infectious agents in blood or plasma donations through the nucleic acid amplification technique (NAT technology)
- Supplier of antigens for immunoassay reagents
- Instrumentation and essays for blood typing and antibody detection
- Molecular diagnostic using technology for determining blood groups of donors and patients through DNA
- Immunological diagnostic of infectious and autoimmune diseases using ELISA techniques via antigen-antibody reactions
- Personalized medicine to monitor patients receiving biologic therapies
- The Clinical Laboratory provides specialized testing to physicians and laboratories in different therapeutic areas by combining both molecular and proteomic diagnostics, thus supporting them to make better diagnosis and prognosis of the disease and allow for a monitoring of the patient treatment outcomes
- The Immunohematology (IH) Center offers testing, consulting and education for transfusion medicine professionals. This CLIA reference laboratory serves as a partner to advance patient care through a deeper understanding of clinically relevant blood group systems. This helps laboratories become more productive in delivering the best possible patient care by leveraging the advanced testing capabilities
Leading producer of plasma-derived medicines for the treatment of rare, chronic and sometimes life-threatening conditions.
Serving the needs of hospital pharmacies to contribute to safe, high-quality healthcare for patients worldwide.
This information is aimed exclusively at authorized healthcare professionals to prescribe or supply medicinal products and its correct interpretation requires specialized training.
Are you a healthcare professional?